For clinical appointments (612) 863-3900For research studies (612)863-3833
- Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation
920 East 28th St.
Minneapolis, MN 55407
John R. Lesser, MD, FACC, FAHA, FSCAI, FSCCT
Researcher, Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation
Clinical Cardiologist, Minneapolis Heart Institute® at Abbott Northwestern Hospital
Director of Cardiovascular MRI and CT, Minneapolis Heart Institute® at Abbott Northwestern Hospital
Adjunct Associate Professor of Medicine, University of Minnesota.
- Cardiovascular MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
- Coronary CT angiography in adults and pediatric clinical patients
- Interventional cardiology
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
Studies Currently Participating in:
- CSI Database
- An analysis of functional Computed Tomography Angiography (CTA) imaging used in patients with a pacemaker or other metal device (stent, coil, prosthetic valve) who have underlying congenital heart disease.
- Assessment of accuracy and risk associated with cardiac diagnostics in patients with complex congenital heart disease: Invasive vs. Non-Invasive evaluation.
- Coronary Artery CTA (CCTA) for detection of coronary lesions in Kawasaki Disease.
- Assessment of Accuracy and Risk Associated with Advanced Cardiac Diagnostics in Patients with Complex Congenital Heart Disease and Single Ventricle Physiology.
- Evaluation of pannus in patients with mechanical aortic or mitral valve utilizing cardiac computed tomography.
To learn more, please click here to view Dr. Lesser’s PubMed research.
Dr. Lesser has published more than 100 articles, abstracts, CDs and books. He is the Vice President of the Society of Cardiovascular CT’s (SCCT) Board of Directors where he serves as Chairman of the Accreditation, Certification, and Guidelines Committee. He holds professional memberships as a fellow with the American College of Cardiology (ACC) and as a member of the American Heart Association (AHA), the Society for Cardiac Angiography and Intervention (SCAI) and the Society of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (SCMR). He is on the Board of Directors with the Intersocietal Commission for CT Accreditation of Laboratories as well as the Credentialing and Certification Board for Cardiovascular CT.
Education and Training
University of Florida, Gainesville
University of Pennsylvania
University of Wisconsin Teaching Hospitals
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
American Board of Internal Medicine, 1984
Cardiovascular Diseases, 1989
Interventional Cardiology, 1999
Cardiac MRI: Level III trainer